20001 200up won't idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20001 200up won't idle

My 200hp Johnson 2 stroke will not maintain idle. Background: Motor ran fine but developed a fuel leak at the fuel pump. I replaced the fuel pump along with a vacuum pot in the bottom of the block. After the installation the engine wouldn't maintain idle. one thing i noticed was when it would begin to stall the fuel ball would go soft. A local Johnson / Evenrude dealer told me the carbs needed to be rebuilt but that the float bowl's warp and might need to be replaced but unfortunately they are no longer available.

Does the engine rung good otherwise or does it die out at any rpm? If it dies out; will the motor continue to run if you continue to squeeze the primer bulb? We have replaced at least 5 faulty VRO's in the past year and two were bad out of the box. If you can place a clear section of hose in line to see if you are getting air from the fuel pump. I would be very suspicious of the VRO after my experience with them lately. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The engine runs fine through the entire RPM range except for at idle. The fuel line was no more than a year old when the problem started. I replaced it and saw no change.

Comment

What's the compression on it ?? Also, what's a "vacuum pot in the bottom of the block " ??
        Last edited by Boobie; 02-04-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X