Remote throttle thingies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote throttle thingies

So basically I am Swedish which is why I may not have the right terminology or spelling.
    Now the problem I have is I have no idea how to connect the wires to the actual engine, I know kind of what I need, some kind of holder for both sides (for the cable) and a connector from the cable to the engine. (Engine is a Johnson 25hp 25r69d) But I have no idea what kind fits to this motor. The cable I believe is a 33c.
    http://imgur.com/a/V6snVlL

If using the 33C style cables then search for Teleflex 3300 cable adapter kits(CA27320P) for Johnson motors, they make a kit that threads onto cable and fits into throttle and shift on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the Reply although I am not sure what comes up when I search for what you wrote is the correct kit as I can't seem to find a picture of it installed and the way it looks seems wrong, (also I don't understand the login needed for the link you added) and some of the sites selling the kit said it is for motors from 1979 and up.
      ​​

Comment

I'm sorry I gave you the wrong part number the pre 1979 kit is part number CA27321P. The kit has the cable position locks that slide over cable and lock into grove on cable so cable can held into bracket on motor, then has cable ends that thread on cable and fit on throttle and shift levers on motor.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I would be very greatful if you could you send a link because the sites I find hace that part number but look the same as ca27320p on the pictures.

Comment

The two kit are similar, only difference in kits is the cable ends and wouldn't be much or any difference in picture. The cable end clamped down on inter wire of cable with a screw on older cables, the newer cable had cabled end factory installed on cable.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X