Cold Start Issue 2007 9.9 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Start Issue 2007 9.9 4 stroke

My boat set for a few years and I had drained the carb. It has an electric start with remote control so it has the cold fuel enrichment valve. Even though I drained it I have a problem with cold start and off idle accelration. I pulled the carb and the bowl was clean so I sprayed cleaner and air through all jets and ports. I feel like the slow jet or transfer ports are still restricted so I will be taking another look at that. My question is mainly about the fuel enrichment valve. When I removed it the brass plunger / needle was stuck to the carb body and pulled off the plastic end of the PTC heater. After reading how this enrichment valve works I dont see what pulls the plunger/needle so that it opens up to alow fuel flow. I see that the test for it is to connect it to 12 V and watch for the needle to extend. Should this plunger be retracted when at ambient temp? If I have to replace the enrichment valve I figure i might as well put on a 15 hp carb. Can you tell me if the enrichment valve comes with a carb?

Looking at the diagram on an electric start model it does show it coming with carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, Parts ordered via boats.net

Comment

Working...
      X