Impeller and water headache "SIMPLE TO HARD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller and water headache "SIMPLE TO HARD"

I have a Johnson 25 hp that will not pump water "J25EEOA Replaced Impeller kit, Thermostat & spring and cleaned side cover & water jacket. Been in My garage for 20+ years and has less then 5 hours on it. What am I missing?? Thank You for any ideas! It did pump out the Pee hole for about a minute after impeller replacement

If it's not running hot then may just be pee tube plugged up, try blowing with air. If it is running hot then could be water pump housing, plugged water passages(try removing lower unit and connect a garden hose to water tube going to engine and see if water comes out pee tube) or could be blown head gasket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I'm having a problem with the water pump impeller assy, I removed the thermostat covers and cleaned them thoroughly. I've been using water muffs for testing and replaced the water tube. It started up yesterday and shot water from the hose a good eight feet but then stopped. Whatever is wrong, I suspect it's a defect in the engine from creation because the engine has no running time on it. Its paint looks brand new. This is the seventh time I've tried to solve my problem with no luck. Please advise? I appreciate your time.

Comment

Working...
      X