Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 jw-15

Hi everyone I hope someone can help.

I am in the UK and I am looking for some parts for a 1959 JW-15 (3hp)
    I was given the engine and told that it had not ran for many years. On testing I found that two new Ignition coil units are required. I have found people selling replacements but they don't look totally correct. The ones I have fitted have the ignition wires molded into them and are not separate parts. So unless the ones I have fitted now are aftermarket replacements, i'm not sure.
    Does anyone have the original part number available or can tell me where I can get some remembering that I am in the UK.

Thanks.

Matt.

Matt... The spark plug wires are never molded into the 3hp coils. The coils have fairly large prongs within them with somewhat of a spiral to them. The spark plug wires are simply pushed into those prongs and twisted down until they bottom out. WD40 acts as a lubricant in installing the wires. The part number of the coils is 584477 and most likely available at this site.

Comment

Cheers Joe.
      Looks like ill be needing wires too but i should think id be able to get that off the shelf from a car parts place over here.

Comment

Originally posted by mcalvert39 View Post
        Cheers Joe.
        Looks like ill be needing wires too but i should think id be able to get that off the shelf from a car parts place over here.
        Absolutely... Just make sure that the center wire is either steel or copper and NOT carbon.

Comment

Well its up and running! New coils did the trick. However I will start a new thread for my next question.

Comment

Working...
          X