Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson 50hp finding out age of motor

Hi everyone
    I have a johnson 50hp 2 stroke but this motor has no serial number so not sure what age it is it looks like late 70 or early 80 is there any other way to identify age. Here is photo if this helps will post more id needed not sure if that will help.

many thanks
    Dave

VRO equipped?... Std mechanical shift?... Electric shift?

Look for a quarter size aluminum core plug on the powerhead... it may have the serial & model number on it.

Hood paint designs are never duplicated... a side and rear photo shot would tell the tale..

Comment

Hi Joe
      there is no VRO and it's a mechanical shift, I can't seem to post photos the hood has red stripe on top with johnson in middle and a blue stripe at bottom of the hood.on the rear of the hood says sea horse hope this helps

Comment

Sorry correct colour on side of hood is a black stripe not blue

Comment

That doesn't do it for me my friend... just can't visualize that. Need the pictures.

There's a free program (site) called "Photobucket"where one can store pictures, then copy/paste (direct) anywhere you please. I've used it for years... look it over. Example below... noting to do with your engine.

Comment

Working...
          X