Buy Johnson Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing the thermostat on a johnson 25 hp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the thermostat on a johnson 25 hp.

What kind of spray gasket cement do I use. And head bolts specs. When putting the head back on.?????

Engine Model Number ?

Comment

Model #J25eledm,serial # G04062578.

Comment

Having retired in 1991, the 1996 25hp is somewhat foreign to me in design and circuitry... may have different diameter head bolts than I'm accustomed to so I'll be leaving the final say on this one up to Boat Net pertaining to the bolt torque.

The head bolts that I was accustomed to (5/16 X 18, should your bolts be the same).... the torque was 18 to 20 foot pounds, to be torqued in the following sequence whereas each number stands for a bolt.

The head gasket.... If it's coated with a shinny appearance, that's a self seal that actuates with heat. Consider this one already coated... if it's a plain non-coated gasket, simply coat it with oil.

The water jacket gasket that attaches to the cylinder head on various models... use Gasket Sealer that comes in a can that has a brush attached to its screw off cap or its spray can design.

Comment

The 1996 does use same bolts as the 1991 models, so Joes torque specs of 18-20 ft pounds is correct torque.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you both for your information. With this information,and youtube video, I should be ok. Hopefully,,,,,,,lol

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X