Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Support on a j115vl

Hello,

I have some trouble on the ignition of a J115vl of 2001 (2T) after some minutes of usage, the ignition become faulty on 1 cylinder mainly.

Has been changed:

CDI
    Coil (2x)
    Stator
    Rectifier
    Spark and cables

My local (French atlantic cost) maintenance man does not know what to do....
    Thanks for your support

Ad

It could simply be one of the pins or sockets has backed out a bit in those rubber connections resulting in a poor conduit. Also the wires have been know to break off from those pins/sockets... and the wire would be held in there by pure friction. happens quite often.

Comment

QUESTION i have a 2000 25 hp j25elsss and the battery is good but when the starter in solinoid is engage to the flywheel it will not turn over but if i turn it over by a rope the motor starts dont know what to look at

Comment

Hi Joe, is there some wires replacemnt kit somewher available?

Comment

acdelpat...... A wiring kit? None that I know of. You found something?

Scubadiver1028... You need to start your own post so that we can keep everything straight. However, your problem is always due to a bad battery, a good battery that needs charging, a loose or tight but dirty cable terminal, or a failing solenoid or starter. A starter test is to have a good fully charged battery and connect good jumpers directly to the starter. If that causes the starter to crank the engine... then obviously the starter is okay. Please Do Not Continue Here On acdelpat's Post.

Comment

Working...
          X