Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRO to Fuel Pump

1993 Johnson 115 TJ115LETS.
    Looking to delete the 30 year old factory VRO and run a straight pump with premix. Does anybody know which pump I should order? Any helpful advice during the process?

The Premix conversion kit is part number 5007422, it will come with everything needed to convert from the VRO pump to a fuel pump only.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you. I had found some things online where guys were using a smaller generic fuel pump that seemed to be in the 100 dollar range. Would that method not be appropriate here

Comment

What would the VRO pump part number be? If I planned to keep the VRO system as is and replace the pump itself, essentially keeping it as is with the new pump. (Non Premix)

Comment

If your engine block has the mounting screw holes and pulse hole then this style fuel pump would work, https://www.boats.net/catalog/johnso...pump-88-models.
          There will be a bolt with 3/8 head and a screw driver slot in head of bolt on port side of block( a little behind the VRO pump) and a bolt hole on each side of bolt, That bolts blocks off the pulse hole(remove bolt ) to operate diaphragm style fuel pump. You would need to order mounting screws and gasket to use this style fuel pump.
          A new VRO pump is number 1 in this link, https://www.boats.net/catalog/johnso...100-115-models
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

If your block does not have the pulse hole you can use the pulse line for the VRO along with the pump shown here.
            Buy OEM Parts for Johnson Outboard Parts by Year 1996 Fuel Pump & Filter Diagram

Comment

Working...
            X