2000 Johnson 25 hp j25elss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Johnson 25 hp j25elss

the starter engages the fly wheel but will not turn over motor but you start it the old fashion way wit a rope the motor starts right up i am new to a two cycle outboard motors and not sure where to look for the problem

Assuming that the battery is good and fully charged..... run battery jumper cables directly to the electric starter to test the starter. If the starter now cranks the engine properly, the starter is okay, in which case the problem is normally loose cables OR tight but dirty cables, in which case clean all the cable terminals including the battery terminals. Clean also the components the terminals attach to.

Comment

ok i will try that thanks for your fast reply

Comment

Joe i checked all the connections battery and on the starter but what i did not notice until today is when i go to start it the volt meter drops to nothing i release the key and the volt meter jumps back to 10-11 volts not sure what to look at

Comment

That usually indicates a bad battery... or a good battery that needs charging. Check it and let us know

Comment

Used load tester and the battery was deader then dead under load thanks for your help

Comment

Damn!.... Deader than dead huh?

Comment

Yes it was thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                X