1990 Johnson 70 hp impeller kit ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Johnson 70 hp impeller kit ??

First off, I'm brand new here so patience please. I decided to replace aging impeller using kit that had all the parts included. My question is this; Why does the new wear plate have only about 60% of the arc cut-out as the original? My Manual mentions a "new, improved" parts kit, is this the improvement? thanks...

My mistake, the part in question is the impeller plate, not the wear plate.

Comment

There are three different models of the 70hp Johnson in 1990 but fortunately all of them take the same water pump assembly.

Kit #432956 includes everything except the pump impeller housing.

Kit 432955 includes everything including the pump impeller housing

It's a good idea to always include the model number of your engine when posting along with, in your case, the part number of the kit you purchased to eliminate guess work.

Comment

Good idea and thanks Joe Reeves! 1990 Johnson 70hp M-TJ70TLESB, S-C8490286...however, still asking original question; Why does the new wear plate have only about 60% of the arc cut-out as the original? My Manual mentions a "new, improved" parts kit, is this the improvement? thanks...
        and yes, I did order the correct kit number according to all docs I could refer to.

Comment

Frankly, I'm not familiar with that improvement so I'll pass on that question to other members and Boat.net of this site.

Comment

I'm with Joe, not sure why or when the plate was changed. Any change in parts does cost them a lot of money so I'm sure they had a good reason but not what that is. We have installed many of those kits and never had any problems with installation or operation of water pump.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X