thermostat problem 120 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat problem 120 hp

Hello, I have a j120txarc on a 1994 hydra sports 1850 vector. I bought this boat and motor last year and only had a chance to use it a couple times. Was having a problem with it idling a little rough. Read a lot of different treads and thought that perhaps the thermostats might be faulty. Ordered new stats and springs and recieved them the other day, went out to change them and removed the covers to find all parts have been removed. Just ordered the housing and all the remaining parts. The port side temp senser has also had the white wire with black tracer disconnected and a jumper wire connected to ground out wire from under the top of the motor. My question is do myou think something else is wrong or just that the previous owner just didn't want to buy the parts? thanks for your thoughts

Not sure why they removed them. Best to reinstall them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Still waiting for the parts to arrive but itis Memorial day weekend coming. Been using it like it is so one more trip without the stats in shouldn't hurt should it?

Comment

No you will be ok.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

update

Got the parts today. I am very impressed with boats.net not to impressed with the usps. Any more parts and I'll pay the extra for Fedex. Any way installed all the parts and reconnected the wires to the temp sensor and fired it up in a tank. I use a livestock tank at the back of the boat with the motor tilted down in it. After a couple minutes the heads were warm but not hot to the touch and the rough idle seemed to go away. I'll put it in the water soon and see how it acts but so far so good. Now if I can get my kicker motor working right i'm set. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X