stumbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stumbling

1987 140 vro already disconnected. When I first got this boat a few months ago I had to clean the carbs out to get it to run been sitting a while. After cleaning the carbs and fresh plugs and gas/oil mixture it runs great, until yesterday. It idles fine and revs fine with the fast idle lever. But when I am in gear it starts stumbling and will cut off after reaching half throttle. It will fire right back up every time, some times I have to choke it. I can get to go full throttle after riding for a few minutes at half throttle and slam all the way forward from idle. Any ideas where to start on this issue? I was thinking of checking the timing and cleaning the carbs again and running some seafoam through it.

Sounds like carbs are plugged up again, remove and clean carbs and if full of trash then may need to install a fuel/water separator filter in boat.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

power loss

can the reg- rect do that?....im having same problem with 1985 90 hp .starts rite up ,revs fine but wont get full rpm,,chocking it makes it go a little faster...checked spark ,top right cyl had good spark ,the rest were weak....is it losing spark at high rpm.....thanx

Comment

On Johnson/evinrude, as long as you have a spark, you should be ok. Sounds like you are having fuel problems too.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X