Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J150PLSSC not getting fuel??

OK. New here... need help ASAP.
    The boat ran just fine all day. We stopped for an hour... and then it decided it wanted to not get enough fuel. Boat will go in no wake speed for a few minutes, then the bulb needs to be primed. I cannot open it up without the motor dying from lack of fuel. I am guessing something BESIDES the fuel pump... Any help out there? PLEASE... I am going away for my yearly fishing trip this weeks end... and this will destroy my fun if the boat wont work!
    I'm heading out to start from the tank and going backwards to hopefully find the problem. Anyone have any hints or ideas... please feel free to bombard me with options.

Hopefully got it

I took off the carb cover, and squeezed the ball hard. I quickly noticed one of the two zip tied fuel lines was loose, and was spitting out a small stream of fuel. when I released the ball... it sucked in air. I replaced the zip ties on both lines, and repeated the ball squeeze and the pressure remained constant. I also popped off the fuel filter and cleaned that out as it was a little ugly on the inside. A quick spray with cleaner and it looks as good as new. Now just to get it back in the water before this weekend for a test.
    I am confident this was the problem, as I have never had any issues with this motor to date, except a replacement starter a few years back.

Comment

Working...
    X