Need help identifying part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying part

I need help identifying a part and need some diagnosis if possible. Okay here we go, so I'm not sure what year the motor is but I do know it's a 9.9 Johnson for sure and from the looks it seems to be older than '1975 ish. Next to the carb are two plug type connectors, both male, with nothing being plugged in them. I have no idea what they are or what purpose they serve. If even the slightest guess-ta-mation as to what they are/do would be GREATLY appreciated. Now to the diagnosis here's the deal... The motor sat in a backyard for a good part of 10-15 yrs unused at my grandpas house. I picked it up, brought it home and got to skitzing with it to find it won't start, not surprising.. Pulled on it for hours with no luck. Checked spark plugs, both have good fire. Check the portable gas tank to find that there was still gas in it and in the gas hose, smell was terrible! Prob 10 yr old gas. Cleaned the tank and hose. Tried pulling the motor again with help of ether/starting fluid and pulled around for an hr when it cranked and stalled after a good 5 seconds, which was a relief cause it just felt good to hear her talk for a little bit. So I'm sure the carb definitely needs to be cleaned and what not but other than that, what troubleshooting steps can I take to bring this baby screaming back to life? And what do the two plugs do? And do they have any affect on the motor starting or not starting? PLEEEEASE help! I'm begging in desperation because I want to get this thing back in the water again because my grandpa never got to please help

I'd clean the carbs and see how she does. Oh and flush all lines of old gas. Good luck :-)

Comment

Working...
    X