What is the Correct Proppelor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Correct Proppelor

I have a 1993 Johnson v4 90hp outboard and I'm pretty sure the Propellor on it is not the correct one,does anyone have advise on what Propellor to use on this Outboard
    Thank in Advance

Well, run you boat at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) note your rpm. For optimum overall performance, you want to get as close to the engine rpm limit as possible, do not go over. 1 pitch up, you loose (estimated) 200-300rpm. visa-versa for 1 Pitch down.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Propellor

Thank You for that advise, the markings on my propellor are 092115 13x19 M1 Wheel Vortex any idea what pitch that is then I'll have a pretty good idea which way to go sorry for being a pest

Comment

That is a 13" diameter and 19 pitch
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Propellor

Is that a standard prop 13x19 i've no idea on propellors and would like to know the ideal prop to buy this outboard is on my 17ft Wilson Flyer fishing boat i've not had it long and took it on a local water to see how it performed and wasn't all that impressed the engined seemed to want to go but felt sluggish i thought it may have been the prop i've cleaned up the engine a little and it runs and starts great

Comment

There is no standard propeller, it done with trial and error. The following is how you choose a propeller. lower the pitch more acceleration, higher more top speed.
            "Well, run you boat at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) note your rpm. For optimum overall performance, you want to get as close to the engine rpm limit as possible, do not go over. 1 pitch up, you loose (estimated) 200-300rpm. visa-versa for 1 Pitch down."
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X