85hp 1975 Motor Tilt wont go down..PowershiftII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85hp 1975 Motor Tilt wont go down..PowershiftII

Help... I got this electric/ hydraulic tilt motor problem. It wouldnt function. I pulled the end off and found brushes stuck in holder. Cleaned and put it back together and it works. Or so I thought.. It only worked during intial testing. The next day it would go up, but not down. Had to use the manual release valve.. Tried wigglin the switch, toggling direction and occasionally works going down. When raising, it sounds normal, when lowering, the motor is spinning, but not lowering.. Tickin me off. Could unit be low on hydraulic fluid or have air in it somehow.. This thing had been sitting a year.
    I appreciate any assistance.. Thanks..

try holding the down button for a few seconds then give the moter a helping push it might drop. my 225 comes up instantly but going down is another story. If your boat is out of the water trim it all the way up then try down looking at pistons under motor they should retract motor should pull down after pistons retract. Remember it might take a few seconds. Good luck !!

Comment

75 Starcraft

Yeah it worked when it felt like it I think. I sold it yesterday and it worked fine for the demo.. I told them about it and showed manual release........... Today they call and say its in the water and they cant get it to go fast, it spits, it kicks out of gear, oh crap... Boat from hell here we go..... I think maybe water in gas? I suggested they hook up small can to motor to see if it makes a diff, since they are in the water already. They said the motor is not hot, so who knows.. ........... Idled and ran like a champ on the hose, so I can only think of water in gas..

Comment

Working...
      X