Engine J30REEN douse not run stationairy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine J30REEN douse not run stationairy

My engine runs OK but is douse not run stabel stationairy for a longer periode. It looks like sometimes one cylinder douse not want to run. Sparkplugs are replaced. Pomp is checked. Carberator is clean. Once the engine stopped in full run, just like there is no spark. I can not start the engine when the engine is warm in stationary mode, I have to open the thottle 100% What might cause this problem and how can I check the electrical settings?

To test ignition components you need a peak reading voltmeter and service manual to test output voltage of stator coil, trigger coils and powerpack output. Without that volt meter all you can do is to check resistance values of each component to see if is out of spec range.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the replay. I can get the volt meter! I dont have the manual. Can you help me? I have the spark point on 7 degees before top. Set with a stroposcope. Can you confirm this is the good position? Th stoposcope sometimes skips a spark on the top cylinder the botom cylinder is OK. Can you tel me what part might cause the problem? I don't have the tools to lift the top to check the canoact distance.

Comment

I'm out of the office this week and don't have the manual to give you the specs but if one cylinder is firing ok then probably a faulty trigger coil, ignition coil or powerpack.
        Last edited by boats.net; 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          I'm out of the offics this week and don't have the manual to give you the specs but if one cylinder is firing ok then probably a faulty trigger coil, ignition coil or powerpack.
          I have time until next week. PLease send me the speck when you have time

Comment

I have a scope to measure all valus. When can you send the spec?

Comment

Working...
            X