Evinrude Power Pilot Control, Johnson Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude Power Pilot Control, Johnson Motor

Members, I have a 1979 Johnson 35hp with a Evinrude Power Pilot Control.
    I need to change the control cables but cannot get the control box open to take the cables out so I can order some new ones. I have unscrewed every screw on the front of the control and also the Allen screw on the back of the control that is in the middle of a strange conical inset on the back. The ring nut around the key hole has been loosened also. The two halves separate a little but that is all. I do not want to use my super human strength and rip it asunder as I fear it will break. What to do????
    Thanks for the wiring diagram that enabled my wife and I to rewire the motor this past weekend. It started right up after sitting for two years

Soon to Be Wet,
    Kevin

Should just have to remove control from boat and remove the screws in side of control box and side should come off.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

related question

I have an 86 OMC remote control with a tilt trim that has had it. It is too costly to replace it so I am removing it and placing tilt trim on CC next to gauge. How do I emove the tilt trim 0329873 plastic piece? It is the hex screw on the back of the controller? 1986 90hp Johnson w/OMC controller (J90TLCDC). G Wells

Comment

Working...
      X