high speed miss j150glecd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high speed miss j150glecd

98 johnson 150 fast strike sometimes will miss at wot and if i lift throttle a bit runs fine, other times will miss at almost wot and if i give it wot will run smooth. new plugs did resistance test on coils and plug wires all look fine. cant test anythig at wot in drive way flushing. any advice would help please
    Last edited by horacerainboot; 05-30-2010, 09:48 PM.

Might have optical sensor on flywheel tested and inspect timing wheel.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

think we might have fixed it

spark cam roller had about half inch space from where it was supposed to be throttle cam was a little off as well. took the boat to the lake and it ran great in the morning, to many boats out later in the day to go wide open.
      spark cam definatly made a difference getting up on plane engine sounded alot smoother. sometimes the wot miss will disapear and come back again weeks later though. i have a seloc book for my motor and cant find any mention of the optic sensor and cant find it on the parts list on this website.
      where is it and how do i check it ? thank you for your help i don't have $90 an hour for labor at the local dealor.

Comment

Number 24 in this diagram is sensor Johnson Outboard Parts 1998 J150GLECD 1998 THROTTLE LINKAGE Diagram
        Number 55 in this diagram is the timing wheel Johnson Outboard Parts 1998 J150GLECD 1998 IGNITION SYSTEM Diagram
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X