need help with 60 hp johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with 60 hp johnson

have a 88 model johnson 60 hp---would not run on open throttle on water---cleaned carbs which were gummed up---replaced plugs---clean gas tank and oil reservior too---checked compression 115 all 3 cyclinders--- has plenty of fire on all 3 cyclinders----with ear muffs on out of water willrun good until you open wot than just dies and cuts off---was thinking it might be vro2 pump with limiter cutting out because engine was not in the water---or does it make a difference----or is the pump bad--if its bad can i change it to manual fuel pump---if i can what do we have to do--would like any help at all please---dont want to spend 500 dollars for pump and that not be my problem

Originally posted by milmat1
    If the 60hp Is like my 88 It has a second WOT (Wide Open Throttle) Timing Adjustment, Do you have a Timing light ? I have a PDF for the 88hp Motors, (PM me your email). Could be that the throttle's are not syncronized, Weak Coil or bad Plugs/wires...
    88 hp power is different--

Comment

I did find a manual for the 60 hp's Is this a twin or the 3 cyl Engine?

Maybe disable the VRO pump and run 50:1 Mixed fuel to see if it runs better.?

how can you do this and still get fuel to carbs--doesnt vro pump pump gas to carbs--has limiter on it too i think---?

Comment

OK, I Uploaded both manuals to YOUSHARE site, :

YouShare - - Guest

You can download them from there if you like...Just hold mouse over the files to see Titles. Or clic to download

does anyone know if you can change this to a manual fuel pump insted of vro system--i think my pump bad or theres a bad restricton on wot--because it just cut off period at wot like theres no gas

Comment

Working...
        X