Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place fuel pump, where?

Hi

I have an old ( 1969)Johnson two-stroke two-cylinder 25 hp in my possession (25R69D). This spring I aim to get it up and running in a proper way. I've done some small repairs during this winter but there is one big question left. Where do I place the fuel pump. There are two nearly identical places to put it outside the lower or ouside the upper cylinder.

As the new fuel pump was a bit bigger than the old one it seemed better to put it in the upper position, most preferably when this made the lid possible to close ond of course open. But, sadly this lead to that the engine died if I wasn't quick enough on the prime pump.

No I've noticed that the two chambers isn't identical. The upper chamber seems to have another function then the lower one as it has some connection with the carb.

What do you folks have to say about my story? Do I have to mount the pump in the lower position?

Cheers

Roland

Fuel pump should go on bottom cylinder, You would have to move the bottom bypass cover(cover fuel pump bolts to) to upper cylinder in order to operate fuel pump from upper cylinder.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X