Adding water pressure gauge to 2005 Johnson 60hp 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding water pressure gauge to 2005 Johnson 60hp 4 stroke

I have a 2005 Johnson 60 hp 4 stroke. I bought a water pressure gauge and have it mounted. I ran the pitot tube back to the outboard, I can't figure out where to mount it. I have the BRP 2005 60 hp shop manual, but can't find ANYTHING in it about where a water pressure gauge would be hooked up.
    Where do I hook it up?
    Thanks
    Danford1

You will have to put a TEE in water tell tale hose then connect water pressure hose to TEE.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

The issue with that is the telltale on a johnson 4 stroke doesn't have much pressure on it. It is a big diameter hole facing rearward on the engine and water doesn't squirt out of it, it more or less runs or trickles out. it comes from the bottom of the exhaust housing. No great pressure is present there.

Comment

Suzuki 34660-99E00 Water pressure installation kit has the Tee fitting that fits the large tell tale hose and reduces it down to gauge tubing.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

The Suzuki kit isn't the answer. My tel tale stream is not under pressure.
          Where can I hook the water pressure gauge pitot tube up?
          I found a water flow chart for a 4 stroke 70 hp Johnson in a book but the picture is so blurry I can't make out the flow path arrows. Does anyone have a water flow path diagram? I have the BRP 2005 60 hp shop manual, but it doesn't have a water flow diagram.
          Please help.
          Thanks
          Danford1

Comment

I have a water-pump-pressure-gauge on my inboard; its screwed into the V8 engine water-pump.
            My dash gauges have the usual (electric wired) Temp, OIL, Voltage, RPM.

My 18HP outboard water-temperature-gauge is tapped into the engine thermostat housing.

I checked the other 5,12,18,40,55 outboards... none have a water pressure connection.
            All the outboard-water-pumps are down inside the prop housing.

Comment

Working...
            X