Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evinrude ve90tlend Now at 6200 feet

Hello Forum,

I just purchased a nice boat with an evinrude ve90tlend. It is a 90hp motor and I believe it is a 91 or 92 year motor. I live at 6200ft and the previous owner was at around 4700’.
    I took it out for the first ride the other day and what a disaster. I couldn’t throttle it high enough to get going faster than 8mph. It would rev up and go nowhere then rev down. I figured it needed to warm up so I trolled at 1.8mph for about 30 minutes. There is a trolling plate on the motor and I plan on removing it in the next test ride. We stopped and turned the motor off for about 5 minutes for a swim break. When we tried to get going again it would not start. I thought I flooded it trying to get it started but after an hour of letting it rest it wouldn’t start.
    I bought a new battery and replaced the fuel line. I have not had it on the water again yet.
    I’m looking for a service manual and possibly a fuel/air mixture screw. Any help will go a long way. Looking to update this in the next day to see how the next ride goes.

Operating over 6000 feet will probably require a change in carb jets and maybe a prop change, An Evinrude dealer in that area can advise on what modifications need to be done.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Operating over 6000 feet will probably require a change in carb jets and maybe a prop change, An Evinrude dealer in that area can advise on what modifications need to be done.
      Would that cause it not to start up after about an hour of trolling?

Comment

It's going to make it run lean but hopefully not lean enough to cause engine damage. Check to see if firing on all cylinders, check compression, check fuel system for water, is fuel getting to carbs? Try squirting a little gas in carbs to see if will try to run.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X