Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Johnson 30 Hp Pull Start Stuck

Hello All,

I am having trouble with my pull start and fly wheel it wouldnt pull so I used my hands to spin the fly wheel to see if its ceased and it will turn a certain amount of revolutions either way then gets stuck at the same point any ideas? I have already taking the pull start off and it still only turns to same point either way then stops its fine either way till a certain point?

Regards,

Marc.

Sounds like piston is hitting something, remove and inspect spark plugs and try to turn engine over with plugs out. If still locks up then need to pull cylinder head and look for damage.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by MarcBMunday View Post
      Hello All,

I am having trouble with my pull start and fly wheel it wouldnt pull so I used my hands to spin the fly wheel to see if its ceased and it will turn a certain amount of revolutions either way then gets stuck at the same point any ideas? I have already taking the pull start off and it still only turns to same point either way then stops its fine either way till a certain point?

Regards,

Marc.
      Thankyou for your response

Comment

Update# The spark plug they gave myself to replace the old one has a longer thread and its to long and hits the piston so took it out and its fine thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X