Warning signal on 4 stroke Johnson 40 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning signal on 4 stroke Johnson 40 HP

We have a 2002 Bennington pontoon with a 4 stroke Johnson motor, 40 HP. The warning signal will buzz upon acceleration and the check engine light will go on. In an effort to diagnose the problem, we have replaced the impeller, the thermostat, the fuel pump, and the head gasket. The mechanic has told us there are no error codes. The warning signal will not buzz at idle speed, nor at a very fast speed. It will stop buzzing after we slow down. We would appreciate any recommendations, short of trading it in!

That is actually a Suzuki engine and uses same diagnostic codes as Suzuki, the check engine light will blink in a code pattern Look at this chart.
    See Diagnostic chart on our Suzuki forum, Suzuki diagnostic codes - Suzuki Outboard Forum
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you so much! I clicked on the closed topic and it shows your Jan. 2017 post, but I cannot access the charts because the links no longer work. Can you post the two charts to the current thread, or can I give you my email address?

Comment

Try this Suzuki codes.pdf
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you, it worked! We will look closely at the lamp flashing pattern next time the Check Engine light and warning buzzer activates.

Comment

Working...
          X