1996 Ocean Runner fuel (?) problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Ocean Runner fuel (?) problems

Hi, I'm new here and I've been trying to diagnose a problem with my outboard.

Recently, it's been bogging down at anything near full throttle. It will idle all day long. I started at one end of the fuel system and worked my way back, replacing hoses etc as I found them worn, among other numerous problems (this is after I took it to a "reputable" shop to have the problem troubleshot). Anyway, the engine started running a lot better, but still bogs down after about 3 minutes running and doesn't run better until I squeeze the bulb.

As such things generally happen, I wanted to run the boat today, but could not get in the water until after dark. Then I saw something I never would have noticed in the daytime, a "check engine" light coming on intermittently.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I need to do? I no feel that the problem is in the engine. Thanks for your input.

Mike

You have a fuel restriction somewhere, it may be in the tank. Did you drop anything into the tank that you can think of while fueling or servicing the sending unit?

When the motor runs at or close to WOT(wide open throttle) there is a lot of suction (vacuum) and week fuel lines collapse and restrict fuel. This high rate of fuel flow can also pick up items that are in the fuel tank and suck them up the fuel tube in the tank and cause the motor to bog.

You have a fuel restriction problem.

Comment

Working...
    X