Electric Start Kit for J30JRSIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Start Kit for J30JRSIE

Hello All, first time poster looking for some help. I recently purchased a flat bottom river boat with a 2001 30hp Johnson jet outboard, model #J30JRSIE, on it. This is a pull start, tiller steered motor. My intent was to convert it to electric start but after speaking with a couple local shops, it appears that electric start kits are no longer made for this motor and they couldn't find any in stock in the online dealer network. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas where I might be able to find one or that knows of one sitting around.

Thanks in advance!

You need to find a blown motor with electric start.

I don't know where you live, but in my part of the country we start by finding out where the outboard junkyards are. If they cannot help, the next thing we do is start asking at outboard shops - most all of which have a "boneyard" around back. Sometimes there are blown motors for sale on Craigslist - cheap. But, you have to keep watching, asking and looking. Generally, buying a blown motor from the owner is the cheapest place. Then, there is "E-pay"........

Comment

Working...
    X