Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Outboard

Hi,
    I own a 1955 10 Hp Johnson and it is practically in peices. The lower unit has no gears, seals, water pump, copper water tube, propshaft, or driveshaft. But, I found a lower unit of a 1960 10 hp lower unit with everything in working condition. I was just wondering if the 1960 lower unit is compadable with the 1955 midsection. Also could a lower unit from a 1953 Johnson work on the midsection of the 1955 QD 16? I am not familiar with the design changes that came with the progressing years. I appreciate your time.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Dan
    Last edited by Boatboy88; 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM.

Originally posted by Boatboy88 View Post
    Hi,
    I own a 1955 10 Hp Johnson and it is practically in peices. The lower unit has no gears, seals, water pump, copper water tube, propshaft, or driveshaft. But, I found a lower unit of a 1960 10 hp lower unit with everything in working condition. I was just wondering if the 1960 lower unit is compadable with the 1955 midsection. Also could a lower unit from a 1953 Johnson work on the midsection of the 1955 QD 16? I am not familiar with the design changes that came with the progressing years. I appreciate your time.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Dan
    If it aint broke and you fiddle with it enough it will be.

Comment

Working...
    X