Spark issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark issue

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and have a question. I have a 1980 75 Mod J75TRLCSA. Was in the process of checking spark and found a problem. I have spark on 1 and 3 only, 2 is dead. I took the cover off the power pack and swapped 1 & 2 coil wires and I have spark at all 3 coils. Change the wires back as they should be and I only have spark on 1 & 3 again. I'm guessing the problem is the power pack, but I'm not completely sure. Anyone else have any thoughts?

When you swapped the coil wires, you state that you have spark on "ALL" three coils..... this indicates that the timer base, powerback, and coils are fine and obviously firing, although due to the coil switching, the engine is out of time.

All you did was switch a couple wires and you had three coils firing..... this sounds to me that you have a weak or broken wire connection at some point, perhaps a pin or socket connectiong pushed back in its rubber connector, or a wire broken away from the pin or socket and just touching at times? Something of that nature.

Comment

Thanks for the response, I'll recheck all the wires and try again.

Comment

Working...
      X