2003 j90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 j90

my 2003 johnson 90 motor was running good then it just killed like someone pulled the kill switch. getting fuel but no spark fuse is good. herd it could be the stater or power pack how can i know which one it is
    Last edited by rtp; 02-22-2010, 02:06 PM.

You would need a service manual(5005463) and a peak reading volt meter to test ignition components. If you have those you follow steps in manual to test each component.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

2003 90 hp power pack

I also own a johnson 90hp only mine is a 2001. It to left us stranded on the water when the power pack quit in the same manner yours did. The motor would turn and fuel was not the problem but when I checked for spark at the plugs their was none at any of the cylinders. I purchased a power pack after consulting a seloc manual on how to troubleshoot the problem. You must also replace the optical sensor along with the power pack. trust me on that part cause I wound up buying another power pack cause I wasnt told that important info.

Comment

Originally posted by jmccall5 View Post
        I also own a johnson 90hp only mine is a 2001. It to left us stranded on the water when the power pack quit in the same manner yours did. The motor would turn and fuel was not the problem but when I checked for spark at the plugs their was none at any of the cylinders. I purchased a power pack after consulting a seloc manual on how to troubleshoot the problem. You must also replace the optical sensor along with the power pack. trust me on that part cause I wound up buying another power pack cause I wasnt told that important info.
        I need a power pack too but where is the optical sensor in this diagram?
        http://www.boats.net/images/diagrams...00151/005A.png

Comment

Working...
        X