200 johnson ocean runner bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 johnson ocean runner bogging

i have a 200 johnson it runs great on the hose with no back pressure. i took it out had problems getting it started. once i got it started it idled out from the dock fine gave it gas and it took off for about five minutes when i slowed down it died and couldnt get it to start for another 30min. when i got it started had to feather the throttle so it wouldnt die. i could put it full throttle and would only go about 10 mph. ran like that for about 45 min then died again and would never start again. had to be towed in by friend. got it to the house started up perfect again on the hose when i flushed it out. in suggestions on what it could be thanks.

power head comeing lose

i had same thing .the bolts on the power head came lose and fell out so i lost all my compresion when the moter was in the water runing .hard to see bolts because they are under the fly wheel.run moter in yard spray some soapy water under flywheel see if it bubbles up. if does you need to put a new upper seal and new bolts with lock tight . good luck its not a easy job.

Comment

post the model number please

Comment

thanks for your replys turned out to be a fried stator and power pack was only running on three cylinders.

Comment

Working...
        X