Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voltage regulation in 15hp

Hi-
    I have a 2001 2stroke 15 that I use on my dinghy. I bought a stator and a diode kit for it and am getting unregulated voltage the varies with engine speed, forcing me to use 32volt bulbs on my running lights which also burn out quickly. I followed the wiring diagram and have the positive output red wire with the ring terminal to my output. What did I do wrong?
    Thanks, Phil

The battery charge kit includes a rectifier to convert AC voltage to DC voltage but it's not a voltage regulator(not a regulator available for the smaller motors) and can produce high voltage. Make sure battery cable connections at battery are clean and tight.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I dont use a battery with the motor. Is it possible to retrofit a regulator from a larger motor?
      Thanks! Phil

Comment

You have to have a battery installed without it the voltage would be extremely high and no way of controlling it..
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

voltage regulation

my yamaha 4 stroke had a regulator that delivered rock steady 12v. Do you see a problem retrofitting that to the johnson? also I never had a battery on it.
          Last edited by phil; 03-23-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X